|In response to the CDC's new guidance, we are lifting the group's mask mandate for vaccinated runners. For those who are unvaccinated or aren't comfortable being in a group unmasked, I urge you to continue wearing a mask for the time being. Bring a mask to have on you during the run and if you need to stop in somewhere.|
We also need to continue to be considerate of our neighbors when we're gathering in Clark Park and out running. Only 25% of Philadelphians are fully vaccinated and most of us have spent the past year being nervous about sharing air with anyone outside our households. I have to put my trust in you to be courteous when you're out running. Don't pass people too closely or in large crowds. Pull up your mask when you can't help being too close to pedestrians. Generally, be nice.
To celebrate spring and the new CDC guidance, I arranged for it to be 80 degrees with low humidity during our run. We'll have pizza and beer at our after-run hangout at Heather's place! Suggested donation $3/beer & $3/slice - Venmo @Alon-Abramson. Any $ we raise above our costs will go to a COVID-related non-profit. There will NOT be a gear check this week.
All runs start at Clark Park and end at Heather's (5000 block of Pentridge)!
COVID Run Rules
1. Wear a mask while running or just hanging out if you're unvaccinated, when in tight groups, or when in crowded areas.
2. Gather in Clark Park
(in the grass close to the path right near 44th and Baltimore Ave)
3. Continue to keep some distance when we gather at Clark Park and during the run.
4. Decide ahead of time what distance you're running and your preferred speed and try to learn the route. When you arrive, talk with other runners and find a group that matches your distance/pace. Do your best to accommodate people so we can have everyone running in a group.
5. Folks will go out in waves based on pace, fastest to slowest.
6. As always, don't be an asshole.
Post a Comment