- We celebrated reaching 150 group runs and our 3rd anniversary
- Our group grew to over 30 runners a week and stayed huge even when the temperatures dropped and the sidewalks were covered in snow/ice
- We ran the Lenape Survival Challenge with an 11-team contingent and took 2nd overall
- We trekked up to the Wissahickon for the Spring and Fall trail series
- Most of us shattered personal records at the best Broad Street Run in recent memory
- We ran a blazing team marathon to hold on to the title for the 26 x 1 Mile Relay Challenge
- Got together our largest group of runners ever to run the ODDyssey Half Marathon, getting our own porter john that was immediately used by every random runner that came past. We also represented with 5th fastest Philadelphian man and woman.
- Had another successful Cobbs Creek 5K and took 1st and 2nd men's and women's spots, while supporting a beautiful local park and children programming
- Ran the Philadelphia Marathon and Half and collectively ate about 10 pounds of pasta beforehand
- And we finished off the year with a group running their first ultra-marathon at the Rocky 50K
But so much of what made 2013 so great was getting to know so many of you and having the opportunity to connect all of you awesome people. I know this new year will bring another set of fun events and a growing group of runners and friends.
Upcoming Events:If you need some motivation to keep in shape through this cold weather, the Chilly Cheeks is perfect. January 26, 7.2 mile trail run up Mt. Penn, with beer at the end, of course. "The Chilly Cheeks is a true test of your mid-winter fitness. It has more "uphills" than those that appear on Celebrity Rehab will face in life and more "downhills" than Miley Cyrus’ chances of participating in any future Disney projects."
Lenape Survival Challenge, my personal favorite race of the year, is coming up on April 26. Grab a partner that's a similar pace, run 4.5 miles together through farm fields, up and down a ski slope and through the woods, then hop into a canoe to paddle together to the finish line! Last year we brought 11 two-person teams and I think we can have an even better turnout this year! Plus, we still need to take down the team from Lockhead Martin that has held the title for 6 years.
The 2014 26 x 1mile Relay Challenge is happening on May 18. A third team has begun filling up their roster of 13 runners, each of whom will run two 1-mile legs for a group marathon! Bring it on Orange Iguanas and Blue Barracudas, whoever you are! We'll be hanging out all morning in beautiful West Fairmount Park in front of the Horticultural Center with music, drinks and some casual BBQing. Register now, only 105 spots are left.
This Week's Routes (to Pasqually's)2 Miler